IT Level 3 Cambridge Technical at St Benedict's Catholic High School
Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in IT from the exam board OCR, is a course that will give you the opportunity through applied learning to develop the specialist knowledge, skills and understanding required in the IT sector. The course is the equivalent to one A Level. Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in IT aims to encourage you to develop key knowledge in understanding:
- The principles of IT and Global Information Systems.
- How the IT sector changes at a rapid pace.
- How organisations manage their IT infrastructure, and how the flow of information on a global scale is managed.
- The importance of legal and security issues in IT infrastructure.
We want students who:
- Are motivated and willing to work hard and have an interest in technical aspects of IT.
- Are willing to complete independent tasks in study time in school and at home.
The course is split into five units of study; consisting of three mandatory and two optional units. The mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of IT – assessed through a 1 hour and 30-minute written exam.
- Unit 2 – Global Information – assessed through a 1 hour and 30-minute written exam.
- Unit 3 – Cyber Security – assessed through a 1 hour written exam.
- Two further units will be taught which will be from ‘Project Management’, ‘Product Development’, ‘Systems Analysis and Design’ and ‘Internet of Everything’.
The course will allow you to access a wide range of further education courses at University including a degree in ICT or computing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Benedict's Catholic High School directly.