ICT BTEC Extended Certificate at Monkseaton High School
The new BTEC Extended Certificate in ICT is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT.
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Independent study skills to consolidate learning
- Practical ICT skills
- Data Handling
- Analysis, Interpretation and Evaluation
The course comprises examined and coursework-assessed units, which allow learners to gain practical skills as well as theory knowledge.
Students will study 4 units over 2 years:
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Website Development or Data Modelling
Students must have % A*-C / 9-5 grades at GCSE, including English and Maths. Students also require a C or above in GCSE ICT or equivalent.
- 75% Coursework
- 25% Examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Monkseaton High School directly.