Music BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Harlow College
This is a new and exciting music course that enables you to develop and explore your musical performance and technological production skills.
The Level 3 Diploma in Performing and Production Arts is made up of 8 mandatory units.
The qualification will be delivered through 12 units over a nominal two-year period.
- Unit 1: Principles of Performance
- Unit 2: Engaging with an Audience
- Unit 3: Introduction to Professional Practice
- Unit 4: Critical and Contextual Awareness
- Unit 5: Production Skills and Context
- Unit 6: Performance Skills and Context
- Unit 7: Preparation for Specialist Study
- Unit 8: Collaborative Performance Project The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts Students must complete units 1-8 of the Diploma in addition to Units 9-11 and either Unit 12 or Unit 13
- Unit 9: Developing Performance and Production Skills
- Unit 10: Preparing for Progression
- Unit 11: Exploration of Specialist study and Context
- Unit 12: Extended Project
- Unit 13: Extended project
4 GCSEs at grade C or above, at least one of which should be in a performing arts subject, or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject. Music or dance grades of the appropriate level may also be considered as suitable entry qualifications. You will also need to pass an audition.
Verbal and written formative and summative feedback, through a variety of methods: Practical work; performances; classroom observations; blendspace; apps: presentations; logbooks; viva voca; rehearsals; blogs; diaries; reports; essays etc.
A lever arch file, pens, pencils, diary, highlighters, paper/notebook. Your own instruments.
Destinations for our students include the following:
- The Institute
- The Academy of Contemporary Music
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.