BTEC Music Theatre at Wootton Upper School and Arts College
- Developing the skills required in musical theatre – acting, dancing and singing
- Learning about employment in musical theatre and developing the work-related skills needed to start a career
- Completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic situations and demands
- Studying a wide variety of musical theatre genres
- Developing confident and technically proficient performers.
Entry requirements are a GCSE grade C or above in at least one of the relevant subjects, i.e. Dance, Drama or Music. A keen interest in the subject is vital, and some experience would be an advantage. An enthusiasm to participate in performance activities is essential.
This BTEC qualification can be studied as either the Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to one A Level) or the Diploma (equivalent to two A Level qualifications). Students may enter employment in the Performing Arts industry, either on stage or behind the scenes - Performing Arts is a thriving industry in this country. This qualification is also highly valued by universities, offering the same opportunity as A Levels to gain UCAS points for higher education - where students would be qualified to study at degree or higher BTEC level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wootton Upper School and Arts College directly.