Sport BTEC Level 3 at The Arnewood School
The BTEC Sport course is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding of how sport plays a role in society and the values and ethics gained through sport.
The course will give you the opportunity to progress to employment or further studies in the sport and leisure industry.
We offer two qualifications at The Arnewood School:
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness)
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness).
The Subsidiary Diploma course comprises of seven core units of study and the Diploma is made up of the same seven core units from the Subsidiary Diploma (Year 1) plus a further five optional units (Year 2).
- UNIT 1 Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport.
- UNIT 2 The Physiology of Fitness
- UNIT 3 Assessing Risk in Sport
- UNIT 4 Sports Coaching
- UNIT 5 Sports Development
- UNIT 7 Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- UNIT 8 Practical Team Sports
- UNIT 4 Fitness Training and Programming
- UNIT 9 Practical Individual Sports
- UNIT 13 Leadership in Sport
- UNIT 14 Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- UNIT 18 Sports Injuries
- UNIT 26 Work Experience in Sport
For BTEC National Certificate courses (equivalent to two A levels) students should have a minimum of five C grades at GCSE.
All units of the Subsidiary Diploma and Diploma courses are internally assessed and grades are based on the achievement of specified learning outcomes. The unit grades awarded are: PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION.
BTEC Sport provides an excellent foundation for students intending to pursue careers in teaching and coaching, the leisure industry, recreational management, the health and fitness industry, sports medicine and physiotherapy, as well as professional sports.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Arnewood School directly.