Hair and Beauty Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image
- Health and safety
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Plaiting and twisting
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Colour hair using temporary colour
- Skin care
- Basic make up application
- Providing basic manicure treatment
- Provide basic pedicure treatment
If you have an interest in the hair and beauty this course will prepare you for a career in the industry and for progression to further levels of training.
You will gain an understanding of the health and beauty sector as well as learning about shampooing, conditioning and styling hair, skin care, basic make up, manicures and pedicures and important customer service skills.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to a Level 2 qualification in either hair or beauty.
We offer a fantastic, well designed working salon environment supported by our partnership with the Francesco Group.We have inspirational and experienced staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge and you will have the chance to take part in national and local competitions and attend other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- Good attendance and reference from school
- You will also be asked to undertake a trade test in which you will be required to demonstrate a shampoo and blow dry
You will be assessed via practical observations, building a portfolio of theory evidence and examinations
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to a Level 2 Hair or Beauty qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.