Creative Media Production (Games Development) BTEC at Balcarras School
The course is suitable for students who want to develop their understanding of the creative media sector and progress into employment or a career in the games development industry. However, it is also beneficial for students who wish to go on to pursue a career in digital media, graphic design, film, fashion or television.
Coursework projects have a real world focus and adopt the techniques and strategies used in industry including prototyping, researching, planning and pitching of ideas and concepts, working individually or in project teams.
- Unit 1: Pre-production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 2: Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
- Unit 3: Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 66: 3D Modelling
- Unit 67: 3D Animation
- Unit 69: Drawing Concept Art for Computer Games
- Unit 74: Computer Game Story Development
- Unit 75: Human-computer Interfaces for Computer Games
The course is open to all students who achieve the minimum entry requirements to the sixth form and have an interest in pursuing a career in games design or employment in the creative media sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Balcarras School directly.