Product Design Graphic Products AS and A level at Chace Community School
Edexcel’s GCE in Design and Technology: Product Design specification seeks to develop students’ knowledge, understanding, skills and application for designing products. Product design encompasses a wide range of design disciplines but is firmly rooted in the skills required to design and make high quality products. Products that are fit for purpose, satisfy wants and needs, enhance our day-to-day lives and, most importantly, give students the opportunity to demonstrate their design and technology capability.
• Graphic design - drawing and making products essentially but not exclusively from paper and card.
• Developing a critical understanding of the processes and products of design and technology activity.
• Develop knowledge, understanding and skills in the context of materials, components and their uses.
• Industrial and commercial practices.
• Product design and development
• Environmental issues/social/moral issues.
• Investigating and analysing existing products/buildings /gardens/vehicles etc.
• Health and safety.
• Further in-depth study of particular areas from the AS units.
• A designing and making activity.
The Technology Department will be pleased to consider all students who have achieved a minimum C grade in Graphics or Resistant Materials.
Unit 1 6GRO1 – Portfolio of creative skills Coursework - 60% of AS
Unit 2 6GRO2 – Written exam Written exam 2 hours – 40% of AS
Unit 3 6GRO3 – Written exam 2 hour exam – 20% of A2
Unit 4 6GRO4 – Design & make project Coursework – 30% of A2
A wide range of university courses and further education. Careers in graphics: Product design – interior, exterior (architectural). Design – Graphic Designer, model design, engineering design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chace Community School directly.