Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Engineering Operations at SBC Training
This course is for young people who want to develop skills that will enable them to pursue a career within an engineering environment. Job roles include: Metal Working Operatives, Plant and Machine Operatives, Routine Inspection, Testing and Quality Control personnel, CNC Operators and Basic Maintenance roles.
- Level 2 Award in Industrial Environmental Awareness. This qualification provides the knowledge required for employment and career progression within the engineering/manufacturing sector.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations. This qualification provides the opportunity to demonstrate practical skills, knowledge and understanding reflecting the competencies recognised as the benchmark for semi-skilled engineering industry operatives.
- Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities & Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. This ensures apprentices feel confident with their rights and responsibilities in a working environment and supports the learner to explore different ways of tackling problems including working with others to find imaginative solutions and outcomes that are of value.
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics. This is integrated within the programme and is assessed by completing work related tasks followed by a test designed to give the Apprentice confidence in applying number and communication skills to their daily work objectives.
The Apprentice will develop a range of skills including:
- Preparing for engineering activities
- Preparing and using lathes
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Communicating using technical information
- Working safely and demonstrating commitment to quality processes
There are no formal academic entry requirements for this apprenticeship, though individual employers may require applicants to have a minimum number of appropriate GCSE passes. It is expected that all successful applicants will be able to demonstrate high motivation to work in an engineering/manufacturing environment and to follow strict health and safety rules.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SBC Training directly.