Housekeeping - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This apprenticeship is for staff who prepare and service bedrooms or who clean, service and prepare public rooms within their own workplace. The objectives of the course are to develop knowledge and skills of the housekeeping function to professional industry standards.Delivery is through teaching, support and assessment direct into the workplace
SUITABLE FOR: Those seeking or employed in a housekeeping role in a variety of hospitality settings.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Housekeeping
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Housekeeping)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Cleaning and servicing a range of housekeeping areas
- Use different chemicals and equipment in housekeeping
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain housekeeping supplies
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course appropriateness.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to cope with the Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices must be employed in the industry and must have a contract of employment working for a minimum for 30 hours per week.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Leadership and Supervision or other Management Training at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.