Professional Cookery Level 3 Diploma at Swindon College
This course is designed for individuals wishing to progress in the catering industry. The industry provides a large number of opportunities and jobs in which practical ability is needed. For example, fine dining restaurants, quality hotels, cruise ships, armed forces, music and sporting events.
This course is specifically designed to accommodate part-time employment so that you can study to gain your qualification and gain experience in the hospitality industry.
The course includes:
- Supervisory Skills
- Advanced Cooking Techniques in Meat, Fish, Shellfish, Poultry, Game and Vegetable Dishes
- Dough, Paste and Desserts
- Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- Supervised Experiences working in the College Kitchens
- Communication Skills
- Supported Education.
- Minimum age is 17
- Level 2 Professional Cookery
- GCSE English and maths grade A to D or sound industry experience.
Successful students may progress into the workplace as a Junior Chef, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, Pastry Chef or Head Chef depending on qualifications and experience and the size of the establishment or company.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.