Health and Social Care BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma at Hertford Regional College
This course will help put you on the right path for the first step of your career or to continue your studies. It will teach you how to develop your skills and start work in the Health and Social Care sector. You may be given the opportunity to combine your studies with a supervised work experience in a health and social care setting.
This course gives you a basic awareness of health and social care and develops the skills necessary to care for children and older people. You will study a range of health and social care related units and will have the opportunity for personal development and careers guidance.
Over the year your units will include:
- Rights and responsibilities at work
- Creative activities for children
- Managing your health at work
- Preparing for work placement
- Health and social care needs
- Personal care in health and social care
- A minimum of 130 GCSE entry points including English and Maths, or demonstrate literacy skills at Level 1 or Entry Level 3.
- A successful HRC Disclosure and Barring Services check is required.
- You must demonstrate suitability to work with children and adults, show empathy and a keen interest in working with and helping others, along with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Internally assessed assignments.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2015. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2015, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay about £1100 in fees (this was the fee for 2014/15 and could be subject to change for 2015/16). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
If successful you will gain an introductory qualification which may allow you to progress onto a higher level course.
You will also have the chance to study Basic or Functional Skills in the areas of English or Maths. You will have the chance to take part in additional activities such as charity fund raising, trips and visits.
What will I need?
Course fees (excluding tuition) for 2015-2016 were approximately £160.00. This amount includes some trips, a course text book, placement polo shirt and DBS Certificate.
Other costs are:
Travel costs to placement
Any additional books
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.