Accounting AAT Level 3 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Have you completed your AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting and do you want to continue your studies towards becoming an accounting professional? This course provides the next step on that journey.
You will learn
- How to record income and expenditure using the double entry bookkeeping system
- How to make payments, prepare ledger and trial balances, using both paper and computerised systems
- How the accountancy function supports a business and fits into its structure e.g. end of year accounts and management accounts
- Costing, financial accounting and working with VAT
- To develop your IT skills through spreadsheet software unit
- Professional ethics in Accounting and Finance.
You will need to have achieved AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting or an equivalent accountancy qualification.
There are several assessment points through the course which coincide with your learning. Assessments are computerised and set externally by the AAT. Some of the exam preparation workshops and the examinations themselves are held outside the published class times.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll be awarded the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
You can progress to one of the following:
- Employment in an accounting related area.
- Employment in an accounting related area combined with part time study at College for the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and subsequently the professional CIMA qualifications, leading to Certified or Chartered Accountant status.
- A Foundation Degree/Degree at University – the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is currently worth 160 UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.