Drama and Theatre Studies A level at Woking College
This creative and challenging course develops your skills in acting, directing, and devising. You will analyse and evaluate performances, texts, and your own practice. Studying a range of theatrical practitioners will help you apply their theories to your own practical work. You will perform in a play, create your own work and study exciting texts.
Component 1 - Examination: Drama and Theatre (3 hours - 40%)
- Section A: Study of two set texts from the point of view of actor, director, and designer
- Section B: Analysis and evaluation of the work of live theatre makers
Component 2 - Examination & Coursework: Creating Original Drama (30%)
- Section A: Create devised performance influenced by methodologies of a prescribed practitioner
- Section B: Reflective write-up
Component 3 - Examination & Coursework: Making Theatre (30%)
- Section A: Explore and interpret three extracts from different plays
- Section B: Apply methodology of a prescribed practitioner to one extract to perform (actor/designer/director)
- Section C: Reflective report
Five A*- C grades (or equivalent 4+)
Some performing training is desirable.
Coursework/Practical Assessment = 60%, Examination = 40%
The course can lead to a range of degree courses, including Drama, Performance, English or a Humanities course. For those exceptional performers it could lead to the study of Acting at Drama School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woking College directly.