Hairdressing for Colour Technicians Level 3 Diploma at Exeter College
This Level 3 course builds on the basic skills of a Level 2 qualification. The skills included are in line with current industry requirements.
There are practical and theoretical classes which will help you develop a portfolio of evidence for verification. There is some case study/project work. Practical skills are developed on models/fellow students - once a level of competence at Level 3 is reached clients are to be used for assessment. You will be expected to ensure that you have a range of clients or models for all practical classes on which to develop your skills.
Balance of the course is 40% theory/60% practical.
- Carry out more complex hairdressing tasks, such as advanced colouring and colour correction techniques
- Develop creative hairdressing design skills
- Work in our outstanding Wella Centre of Excellence facilities
- Provide consultation support for junior colleagues
- Use creative styling, dressing and bridal techniques
- Use a variety of cutting techniques to create different looks
- Be expected to ensure you have a range of models and clients for all practical courses
You must have successfully completed either a Level 2 Hairdressing qualification or an Apprenticeship at Level 2.
You will be assessed practically, theoretically and orally in all areas. You will complete online exams and assessments for all practical’s are graded and contribute to your overall qualification. Testimonials may be required as evidence in some areas. Complete portfolios are verified and should include assessment books, case studies, projects, and theoretical papers. Units will be externally tested and to gain a full certificate at Level 3 these must be passed. Assessment is on paying clients.
You will need to purchase a personal kit and uniform. You are responsible for providing your own working resources.
You will have the opportunity to work as a stylist in the industry or gain employment and progress onto a Hairdressing Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.