Plumbing & Heating Level 2 Apprenticeship at Carshalton College
The programme provides practical system installation, commissioning and maintenance skills, together with the underpinning and supporting knowledge to work safely in plumbing activities.
The diploma also covers the knowledge required to work with other people, the course includes numeracy and literacy delivery to assist in the requirements for the work place. In addition to this you will be assessed in the work place to provide evidence of working at a competent level to be able to satisfy the requirements of the NVQ Level 2.
Diploma in Plumbing & Heating (Knowledge Based Element)
- Safety in Plumbing activities
- Common Plumbing principles and processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Sanitation systems
- Central heating (pipe work only)
- Electrical supply and earthing
- Practical Plumbing studies
- Environmental awareness in the Plumbing Industry
- Development of Numeracy and Literacy skills at Level 2
NVQ (Competence Based Element - portfolio)
- Safety in Plumbing Activities
- Key Plumbing Principles
- Common Plumbing Processes
- Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Sanitation Systems
- Central Heating Systems (Pipe work Only)
- Electrical Supply and Continuity
- Sheet Lead Weathering
- Environmental Awareness in Plumbing
- Effective Working Relationships in the Plumbing industry
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
An average of Grade C in English and Maths GCSE’s or you will have successfully completed a Level 1 programme.
You will be asked to attend an interview to further demonstrate your commitment to the programme.
Assessment will be through a range of activities and include; practical tasks, multiple choice questions as well as written answers to assignments.
Completion of Portfolio task activities and site based assessments by your nominated assessor.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.