Women's and Men's Hair Level Two VRQ Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers all the basic areas of hairdressing and offers a City & Guilds qualification.
- Working in the hair industry
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Cutting women's hair
- Colouring and lightening hair
- Perming and neutralising hair
- The art of dressing hair
Plus additional units from:
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hairdressing, barbering and beauty therapy sector
- Displaying stock to promote sales in a salon
- Scalp massage
- Salon reception duties
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- A genuine interest in hairdressing
- An enthusiastic approach, pleasant personality and good communication skills
- A minimum of four GCSEs, must include English, or Level One in Hairdressing
- Satisfactory College interview and school recommendations/references
- Skills assessment prior to acceptance on the course
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
Where appropriate, any relevant previous experience or qualifications can be accredited towards the qualification.
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
This qualification could help you gain employment in salons as a stylist or continue onto an NVQ level two part-time course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.