Information Technology - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Information Technology gives students the opportunity to study a subject which suits any combination of other courses. You will gain experience and knowledge in the practical uses of information technology, particularly databases, spreadsheets, presentation software, animation and movie making software. You will also study the more theoretical uses of how businesses utilise information technology and how it affects society today.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language).
- Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities these can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
ICT will help you in any chosen career but will also be an essential part of technology based courses. The list of professions is endless but will include architect, games designer, software engineer, systems analyst, webmaster, network manager.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.