Painting and Decorating Level 2 Diploma at Exeter College
This course takes you to the next stage, once you have completed the Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
- Gain further experience in using a range of tools in
our specialist workshop
- Hang standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Apply paint systems using HVLP spray equipment
- Develop a more in depth understanding of health and safety, construction technology and building methods
- Hear from guest speakers and go on site visits
- Continue to develop your workplace skills and be encouraged to seek work experience
Assessment is by written and practical tests and a portfolio of evidence.
- apply basic paint systems by brush and roller
- apply foundation and plain papers
- erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- knowledge of construction technology
- knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- prepare common surface types for decoration
- produce standard decorative finishes
You need four GCSEs at Grade E (including maths and English). If you do not have these grades you may still be able to study this course subject to an interview with a course specialist. You will be required to demonstrate that you have a high degree of enthusiasm and the commitment to succeed.
You will have to complete online and written tests and produce a portfolio of evidence and practical competence tests in order to pass the units.
You will need to be equipped with basic stationery for all your sessions. You will need to have your own overalls and safety boots - advice will be given at interview. If you are required to purchase a subject specific course book you will be advised either at interview or at the start of the course. There is a non-refundable Workshop Fee of £45 per full time student per year. This will contribute towards the cost of tools for use in the workshop so that you do not need to provide your own. It will also cover the cost of one Hi-Viz jacket, one pair of safety glasses, one pair of gloves and the exam fee for one CSCS test.
You could progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (depending on previous performance at Level 1), or explore the possibility of undertaking an Apprenticeship where you will attend the college on a day or block release basis.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.