Sport, Exercise and Fitness - Level 2 Diploma (City and Guilds) at Blackpool and The Fylde College
This qualification is aimed at those preparing to embark on a career in the sport and leisure industry, or wish to practically participate in a number of activities. It is a practical, hands-on qualification which is designed to prepare the candidate for work in a multitude of sport and leisure facilities and raise awareness of how and where to participate in sporting opportunities.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Sport & Active Leisure
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Participating in Sport
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People in Sport & Leisure Activities.
- Injuries in Sport
- Factors Affecting Participation in Sport & Physical Activity
- Leading a Healthy Life
- Physical preparation for sports performance
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Technical & Tactical
- Event Organisation in a Sport & Leisure Environment
In addition to this main programme you will also study the following qualifications. You must complete all of these qualifications to be successful:
- Functional Skills
- Tutorial – you will have a one to one every 4 – 5 weeks with your tutor to assess your progress and set targets
- JSLA – Junior Sports Leaders Award
- If you achieved a grade D or above in Maths or English there could be an opportunity for you to study either subject at GCSE as part of your study programme.
- Work Experience programme- employer visits, hands on experiences, guest speakers from industry experts.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above OR a merit grade at First Certificate or Introductory Diploma OR relevant Foundation (Level 1) qualification
Assessment is through a variety of methods. Formal written reports and assessments, multi choice papers, presentations, interviews and practical assessments are all used on this course.
There are a variety of job opportunities within the sports sector, including Coaching, Fitness Instructor, Sports Management, Sports Development, Sports Nutrition and Teaching. On your course we concentrate on getting you ready for other customer focus typed work. We also include a qualification in either Coaching (JSLA). Volunteering is a key way into employment in sport and will also enhance your job prospects generally.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackpool and The Fylde College directly.