Level 1 in hair and beauty skills at North Hertfordshire College
Our hair, beauty and holistic therapy courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Champney’s, Dermalogica, Aqua-Sana, Centre Parcs and Wella.
- The opportunity to help run Hart Salon, working with real, paying customers
- Visits to businesses and major events such as Salon International, Pro Hair Live, Baber UK, Victoria & Albert Museum and Professional Beauty Show
- Workshops including hair extension workshops, Wella London workshop, The Henna Mehadi workshop and Stone Therapy workshop
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Health and safety
- Hand and nail care
- Skin care
- Face painting
There are no formal entry requirements to join this course. We’ll use your interview to make sure it’s the right course for you. A successful interview; demonstrating interest , enthusiasm and commitment.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 2 courses including the diploma in beauty therapy
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.