Electrical Installation Level 1 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
This course is for those wishing to make a career in the electrical industry.
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures
- Site preparation
- Electrical installation wiring and termination
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
3 GCSEs Grade E or above including Mathematics, English and Science satisfactory interviews selection tests. All candidates need to produce references and to be successful at interview.
Because of the practical content of the course, general hand skills and hand/eye co-ordination are essential. Applicants must declare any difficulty with colour perception, as employment opportunities may be restricted.
Attendance is normally between 3-4 days a week.
Generally there is a requirement for completion of practical exercises and knowledge assessments for each unit. The course is structured and delivered by continuous assessment. It will be your responsibility to update your record book which will show evidence of your experience and achievements.
Essential materials, books and equipment. You will be expected to provide yourself with:
Overalls and safety footwear (£40 approx.)
45º and 60º set squares, scale rule, calculator, writing materials (£15 approx.)
The Electricians tool kit consists of the following:
- Insulated screwdrivers – large pozi, large flat blade and terminal screwdriver.
- Insulated pliers, side cutters and wirestrippers,
- Progression through to the City & Guilds 2357 NVQ 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical systems, (this is dependent upon adequate work based evidence to support the N.V.Q. assessment )
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.