Level 3 Health and Social Care at Hereford Academy
This course is designed for people who wish to train to work within a care setting such as; care worker, health care assistant, nurse, social worker, or to use as further vocational and academic qualifications.
What topics/modules does the course cover?
You will be assessed through written course work in the form of assignments as well as presentations. Part of these assignments you will carry out on a placement as well as through independent research and observations.
The qualification is structured into mandatory units (these are ones that you must do) and optional units. Over the two years you will complete 3 mandatory units and 3 optional units. These are-
• Developing effective communication in health and social care. (M)
• Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care. (M)
• Health, safety and security in health and social care (M)
• Development through the life stages (O)
• Caring for Children and Young People (O)
• Physiological disorders (O)
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Personal and Professional development (placement)
• Values and Planning in Social Care
• Nutrition for Health and Social Care
• Promoting Health Education
M = Mandatory
O = Optional
5 GCSEs grade A* - C or equivalent (BTEC/ OCR/ NVQ)
For some courses you will be required to undertake the enhanced
Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) checks and references will be requested
for ALL applicants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hereford Academy directly.