Uniformed Services Level 2 Diploma at Ashfield School
The Level 2 Diploma aims to create informed and prepared potential uniformed services recruits. It will enable learners to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the Level 3 qualification. Students will gain an insight into the practical qualities they require for the Royal Navy, RAF, British Army, Fire & Rescue Service, Police and Prison Service. They will develop key skills including team working, problem solving, communication skills and independent learning together with an appreciation of appropriate behaviour, dress and interpersonal skills, manners and deportment and how different roles and departments function.
Students will study the following seven mandatory units:
- UNIT 1: Investigate employment in the uniformed services
- UNIT 2: Physical fitness for the uniformed services
- UNIT 3: Develop team working and problem-solving skills
- UNIT 4: Health and safety in the uniformed services
- UNIT 5: Health and hygiene in the uniformed services
- UNIT 6: Follow uniformed service routine
- UNIT 7: Exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
Plus two additional units, which are likely to be:
- UNIT 8: Carry out map reading and navigation
- UNIT 10: Participate in competitive sports
Interview with the Programme Leader and a Fitness Assessment with the course Physical Training Instructor.
A portfolio of evidence will be accrued during the year. Students will complete a total of nine units to achieve the Level 2 Diploma, engaging in regular sporting and practical activities within the programme, supported by uniformed services personnel.
Upon successful completion students may apply for a place on the Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services. Some students may apply for employment at the conclusion of the Level 2 programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashfield School directly.