Archaeology AS Level at Exeter College
Archaeology is a fascinating and holistic subject that is not taught in many colleges. It allows you to study past cultures and the way people lived, based on the
things they left behind. You will:
- Study the archaeology of religion and ritual,looking at prehistoric and Roman Europe
- Learn the methods and skills behind archaeology such as excavation and develop your field work skills
- Gain transferable skills in research, analysis and problem solving
- Benefit from links with the University of Exeter and have the opportunity to attend seminars
- Build your knowledge of Prehistoric Britain by taking the opportunity to go on trips to sites such as Stonehenge
Assessment is by written examination at AS Level.
You need at least five GCSEs at grade C or above (including English language and maths). This course must be taken as part of a four part programme of courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.