Interactive Media (Design) BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at NewVIc
Interactive media will equip you with the creative thinking skills and technical capabilities to bring your ideas to life in animation, graphic design, web, sound and print production. You will use industry standard software to create a range of original media products fit for an everchanging media landscape.
The course will focus on:
- developing creative media outcomes in a range of disciplines
- design software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- animation packages such as After Effects
- web design software such as Dreamweaver
On the course you will:
- research, design and produce various media products such as magazines, print production and design-based campaigns
- gain a contextual understanding of professional media practitioners
- build a portfolio of multimedia design work
- develop your creative, design and presentation skills
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
You will be assessed on your practical work through a series of projects which will have a vocational context.
This subject combines well with other Design and Media-based subjects. It is an ideal programme if you plan to study any digital design courses at university. You may also wish to continue with further study in a different subject area, or move straight into employment.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to an A-level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.