Product Design (Design Technology) A-Level at Landau Forte Sixth Form College
Look at the world around you; everything you come into contact with has been designed and developed by Product Designers and Design Engineers. From the clothes you choose to wear, the cars you use for transport, the buildings you live and work in, to the products that make your life easier and more enjoyable. Product Design is an extremely diverse and rewarding career, which is essential in an ever changing world.
This course is designed to encourage candidates to:
- Develop and sustain innovation, creativity and design and technology capability.
- Develop a critical understanding of the influences of the processes and products of design and technological activity.
- Apply essential knowledge understanding and skills of design production processes to a range of technological activities
- Use ICT to enhance design and technological capability.
- Develop as discerning consumers able to make informed choices.
- Develop positive attitudes of co-operation and citizenship and work collaboratively.
- Draw on a range of skills and knowledge from other subject areas.
- Recognise and overcome challenges and constraints when working towards the production of high-quality products.
GCSE A* - C in a Design & Technology subject or Engineering Diploma at Merit or Distinction
Studying Product Design at A Level will develop some of the skills most valued by employers and Universities, including research, independence, use of technology, communication, leadership, team work and problem solving.
British designers have a global reputation and include Jonathan Ive (Apple), James Dyson and Vivienne Westwood. Product Design could take you into a number of exciting career paths. You could find yourself working in Industrial Design, Automotive Design, Fashion Design or Architecture. Product Design is also an excellent A Level to be taken in conjunction with Physics and Mathematics, particularly for those students wishing to pursue degrees in engineering related disciplines.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte Sixth Form College directly.