Bricklaying Study Programme at Leeds College of Building
What's it all about?
Bricklayers build and repair structures, walls, chimneys, walkways and foundations using various types of blocks and brick. Their work can range from a house extension to a major stadium project!
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- The ability to work well in a team
- A head for heights
How much could I earn?
A bricklaying labourer can earn up to £15,000 a year. Qualified bricklayers can earn between £16,000 and £23,000 a year. Experienced bricklayers, including instructors, can earn up to £30,000 a year.
What qualifications could I achieve?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma
- Level 2 Diploma
- Level 3 Diploma
What would I learn at College?
- How to use bricklaying tools and equipment
- How to set out basic building work
- How to build simple brick/block walls
- How to build solid walls
- How to build cavity walls
- How to build using modern construction methods e.g. timber frame cladding
No matter what leve you are working at, you will be expected to further your skills in English and maths.
All applicants will be required to sit a BKSB assessment and attend an interview. You must have achieved the Level 1 Diploma to commence the Level 2 Diploma and the Level 2 Diploma to commence the Level 3 Diploma.
You could progress from a level 2 to a level 3 qualification. There is also the opportunity to progress onto higher education at the College.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.