Beauty Therapy Level Two Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers all areas of beauty therapy at level two.
- Working in beauty-related industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Providing facial skin care
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Applying make-up
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above including English, mathematics and a science
- An enthusiastic approach, pleasant personality and good communication skills
- The ability to work with others
- Satisfactory College interview and school recommendations/references
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene
- An initial assessment
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi choice tests.
This qualification could help you gain employment in beauty salons, health farms and fitness centres; as a representative for a cosmetics company; in the arts and entertainment industry; with beauty consultancies; and in your own business. Learners may be able to continue onto an Level Three Diploma in Beauty Therapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.