Travel Services Level 2 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
For those thinking of a career in travel and tourism.
The course is made up of:
- BTEC level 1 / level 2 First Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4 GCSE equivalent)
These courses will introduce learners to valuable topics relevant to both travel and tourism and airline industries.
BTEC level 1 / Level 2 First Diploma in Travel & Tourism units:
- The UK Travel & Tourism Sector
- UK Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Delivering the Travel & Tourism Customer Experience
- The Development of Travel & Tourism in the UK
- International Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Factors affecting World Wide Travel & Tourism
- Travel & Tourism Business Environments
- Marketing in Travel & Tourism
- Work Related Experience
- The Cruise Industry
- UK Travel Agency Operations
- Travel & Tourism Research Project
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths and English
- Other related Level 1 qualifications
- Completion of previous college courses
Ten of the units are internally assessed and graded by the course tutor and two are externally assessed by the awarding body.
All criteria must be passed in order to achieve the qualification.
With further training or study, learners may progress into travel and tourism related careers, such as travel agency, visitor attractions team member, cabin crew or tour operations.
The Isle of Wight College is now offering a Level 3 travel and tourism course should you wish to continue your studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.