Biology at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
* Many of the Biology topics that you study at GCSE - in more depth.
* New topics - including biochemistry, cell ultrastructure and molecular genetics.
* Advances in medicine, agriculture, biotechnology, classification and ecology that illustrate that modern biology is exciting, relevant and challenging.
* Development of a higher level of private study and self-organisation.
* The course is delivered as interactive lectures, discussions, practical sessions, student presentations, field trips, visits and revision sessions.
* See the school VLE (Shared, Science, KS5, Biology) for details of the course, or you can visit: http://www. aqa.org.uk/index.php?id=3341 for full details of the specification.
* GCSE Biology/Double Science: an absolute minimum of grade C at Higher Level, with a preferred minimum of grade B.
* GCSE English and Maths to at least grade C.
* A keen interest in Biology, including plants and animals, as well as humans is assumed.
* Enthusiasm, curiosity, problem-solving abilities, good ICT and practical skills, attention to detail, efficient organisation, determination, a good memory.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.