Level 3 Enterprise and Entrepreneurship at Leeds City College
If you are looking for a full time course that will help you to develop knowledge and understanding of the main business disciplines in a practical way then look no further. Alongside learning the skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur, you will gain valuable practical experience of running an enterprise with others on the course. So whether you plan to progress to further studies, gain employment or run your own business in future this course will give you the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge essential for future success.
Units on the course include:
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
- Launch and Run an Enterprise
- Business and Personal Finance
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Survival and Growth
- Business Decision Making
- Principles of Management
- Developing an Enterprise Strategy
What you will get from this course
- You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to start your own enterprise and work towards becoming a successful entrepreneur.
- You will gain valuable work experience through undertaking the projects on your course alongside an external business professional.
- You will gain UCAS points which allow you to progress to university.
- You will be provided with careers advice/business start-up guidance.
- Opportunity to resit either English or Maths GCSE, if necessary.
- You will achieve a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship upon completing the 2 year course*.
*There is also an option to study the course over 1 year, achieving a Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, to be discussed at interview.
Entry requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or equivalent, including English or maths.
- A successful interview - this is nothing to worry about, this is just to ensure you're at the right level for this course
- A keen interest in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
This course is practical based, with some written elements used to support this. Whilst in College you will take part in group activities and discussions and will keep a portfolio of the work done in class. You will have individual discussions with your tutor to discuss your progress and how they can support you.
- You can progress to further study at HE level, having achieved UCAS points.
- You could undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in your chosen vocational area.
- You could choose to enter full or part-time employment.
- Alternatively, you could choose to start your own enterprise or small business, using your enterprise and entrepreneurial experience.
English and Maths are built into your course if your grades are below 4/5
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.