Electrotechnical Craft Level 2 at Swindon College
This course is designed for people who would like to gain employment within the electrical industry. The course combines practical training with some basic electrical theory. The practical work is carried out in our own training workshop to the necessary industrial standards and matches some of the requirements of ‘off the job’ training for an electrical apprenticeship.
The course covers the following units:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations Technology
- Installation of Wiring Systems and Enclosures
- Understand how to Communicate with others within Building Services Engineering.
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above, to include maths, English and Science and the successful completion of set assessments during the first five weeks of the course.
You may wish to progress onto the Level 3 Diploma course or alternatively if you gain employment as an apprentice (trainee), you could return to college on a part time day release basis sponsored by your employer, in order to complete an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.