Business (QCF) BTEC level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Luton International College Limited
To provide a diploma level business course that will give learners an opportunity to-
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in businesses such as administration, Personnel, and marketing.
- Providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher skills in a business context.
- Providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- Providing opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognized vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in business or progress to higher education vocational qualifications.
Intended programme learning outcomes: knowledge and understanding; skills and other attributes:
Learners studying for the awards in business will be expected to develop the following skills :
- Cognitive skills of critical thinking, analysis and synthesis
- Effective communication, oral and in writing, using a range of media widely used in business e.g. the preparation and presentation of business reports
- Developing an appropriate learning style.
- Effective use of communication and information technology for business applications
- Effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise
- Self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business and management issues
- Effective performance within a team environment including leadership, team-building, influencing and project-management skills
The most important criterion for admission into this programme is the ability of the learner to complete the course successfully. The following academic achievements are expected from those learners who have been in education recently:
- 4 GCSE at grade C or above, or
- Students will be required to complete skills in Literacy, Numeracy if they do not have GCSE grade C in the subjects, or
- A minimum of level 2 Qualification in Business
- All students will be subject to take an English proficiency tests prior to enrolment on the course.
- Related work experience.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and /or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Entry requirements for this qualification are therefore varied. In all cases, the learner must be aged 19 years or older and the college will check the background qualifications of applicants to ascertain the suitability of the learner for this course.
The assessment of the award is criterion referenced. Learner’s work is assessed against learning outcomes and assessment criteria. A learner can only pass a unit when evidence is produced against all the assessment criteria. If learner’s work does not meet any one assessment criterion, the work will not achieve the pass grade. All units will be individually graded as ‘pass’, ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a pass grade for the unit learners must meet the assessment criteria set out in the specifications. To achieve a merit grade learners must achieve all pass and merit grades and all distinction grade descriptors.
A variety of assessment methods are used to allow learners to demonstrate knowledge, understanding, problem solving skills, application skills, analytical skills and communication skills.
Learners are given both formative and summative assessments. Formative assessments are used to provide valuable feedback on the learner’s work, however, the marks/grade given on formative work does not count towards the final grade. Summative assessment is usually handed in by the learner towards the end of the term. The marks/ grade count towards the final grade. Learners receive a detailed and developmental feedback on their work identifying good points and areas of improvement.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Luton International College Limited directly.