Intermediate Apprenticeship at UTC Swindon
- For post-16 students technical studies will account for 60% of the curriculum and core studies 40%.
- Level 3 students will study for advanced qualifications in engineering. They will also have the opportunity to take one or two A-level subjects.
- Courses in mathematics will be required to support engineering studies.
- All post-16 students will have time dedicated to physical education, citizenship, careers education and guidance, and personal, health and social education.
- For all students much of the learning will be developed through employer-led cross-curricular projects enhanced by a range of activities which will make every project relevant to every learner. These will include experiences in the workplace and with the university.
Technical Studies 60%
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Core Studies 40%
Year 12 – 2015/16 there will be 150 places on offer to external applicants to Year 12. From 2016/17 no external students will be admitted to the sixth form unless a space becomes available where the full cohort of pupils from Year 11 do not progress to Year 12.
- Further Education
All Post 16 learner on each pathway will undertake one week of work experience
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact UTC Swindon directly.