NCFE Entry Level Award in Employability Skills (Entry 3) at Be Totally You
This qualifications aims to:
- develop and enhance skills required for the working environment
- develop learners’ confidence for employment and motivation
- improve communication skills and personal effectiveness
- provide a basis for further study
- highlight where learning opportunities for the Functional Skills qualifications may be found.
To be awarded the NCFE Entry Level Award in Employability Skills (Entry 3), learners are required to achieve 6 credits as follows:
- 2 credits from Group A
- a minimum of 2 credits from Group B
- the remaining credits can be taken from Groups B or C.
Group A mandatory unit
- Unit 01 – Understanding mindset (2 credits)
Group B optional units
The optional units are grouped in clusters to make selection easier; however, units can be taken from any group and don’t need to be from the same cluster.
Work awareness cluster
- Unit 02 – Rights and entitlements at work (1 credit)
- Unit 03 – Making the right impression at work (1 credit)
- Unit 04 – Your responsibilities as an employee (1 credit)
- Unit 05 – Behaving appropriately at work (1 credit)
- Unit 06 – Work awareness (2 credits)
Self-improvement and personal effectiveness for work cluster
- Unit 07 – Getting to a destination safely and on time (1 credit)
- Unit 08 – Goal and target setting (1 credit)
- Unit 09 – Making progress (1 credit)
- Unit 10 – Prioritising tasks (1 credit)
- Unit 11 – Managing your time (1 credit)
Problems and solutions cluster
- Unit 12 – Problem solving skills for work (2 credits)
- Unit 13 – ICT for employment (1 credit)
Taking responsibility cluster
- Unit 14 – Following instructions (1 credit)
- Unit 15 – Dealing with numbers in a place of work (2 credits)
Working with others cluster
Preparing for work cluster
Group C optional units (Level 1 units)
- Unit 16 – Working in a team (2 credits)
- Unit 18 – Working with other employees (1 credit)
- Unit 19 – Working with managers (1 credit)
- Unit 20 – Social media in the workplace (2 credits)
- Unit 21 – Understanding money at work (2 credits)
- Unit 22 – Deciding on the right job for you (1 credit)
- Unit 23 – Looking for work (1 credit)
- Unit 24 – Completing an application form (1 credit)
- Unit 25 – Getting ready for interviews (1 credit)
- Unit 26 – Health and safety in places of work (2 credits)
- Unit 27 – Dealing with your first days at work (1 credit)
- Unit 28 – How to keep improving (1 credit)
- Unit 29 – Job and training search skills (1 credit)
- Unit 30 – Following instructions (1 credit)
- Unit 31 – Working with colleagues (1 credit)
- Unit 32 – ICT for employment (2 credits)
- Unit 17 – Understanding conflict at work (1 credit)
These qualifications are designed for a wide variety of learners, including:
- learners with special needs, learning difficulties or particular learning requirements
- full-time and part-time students
- those who are long-term unemployed
- pre-16 students in compulsory education
- individuals in employment looking for a career change
- individuals facing redundancy.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved an Entry Level 2 qualification.
These qualifications are suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 1 Award or Certificate in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate Business Administration
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
- employment in a wide range of sectors.
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- customer service
- team leading and management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Be Totally You directly.