Chemistry A Level at Grace Academy Coventry
A-level Chemistry (7405) from the AQA exam board attempts to answer the big question ‘what is the world made of’ and it’s the search for this answer that makes this subject so fascinating. From investigating how one substance can be changed drastically into another, to researching a new wonder drug to save millions of lives, the opportunities that chemistry provides are endless.
Studying an A-level Chemistry related degree at university gives you all sorts of exciting career options, including; Analytical chemist, Chemical engineer, Clinical biochemist, Pharmacologist, Doctor, Research scientist (physical sciences), Toxicologist, Chartered certified accountant, Environmental consultant, Higher education lecturer, Patent attorney, Science writer, Secondary school teacher.
Chemistry, like all sciences, is a practical subject. Throughout the course you will carry out practical activities including:
- measuring energy changes in chemical reactions
- tests for identifying different types of compound
- different methods for measuring rates of reaction
- studying electrochemical cells
- preparation of organic solids and liquids
- an advanced form of chromatography for more accurate results.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grace Academy Coventry directly.