Politics A Level at Alsager School
Students will study a range of political concepts, institutions and case studies
* AS modules will focus on British Government and Politics
* A2 modules will focus on American Government and Politics.
* Unit 1 People, politics and participation 50%
* Voting, elections, parties, pressure groups and protest
* Unit 2 Governing modern Britain 50%
* Constitution, parliament, prime minister
* Unit 3 Government of the USA 50%
* Congress, president, supreme court
* Unit 4 Politics of the USA 50%
* Democracy, voting, pressure groups, parties
There are no specific entry requirements although you should have gained a B or above in a related subject such as English or History.
Many of our students go on to study Politics at University or combine it with a complimentary course such as History. Others have found the skills developed in A Level Politics a useful background for degrees in Law, Journalism and Media Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alsager School directly.