NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools at Be Totally You
This qualification is for those members of the school workforce who directly support the teaching and learning of pupils. It is also a competence based qualification so there is requirement for assessment in a real work environment in order to confirm competence under supervision in appropriate areas.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, learners are required to successfully achieve a minimum of 30 credits:
- 24 credits from the 9 Mandatory Units
- a further 3 credits must be achieved by completing one of the units from Optional Group One
- a further 3 credits must be achieved by completing one of the units from Optional Group Two
This qualification consists consist of 11 Mandatory Units:
- Unit 01 – Child and young person development
- Unit 02 – Support Learning Activities
- Unit 03 – Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 04 – Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety (3 credits)
- Unit 05 – Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 06 – Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Unit 07 – Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Unit 08 – Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Unit 09 – Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
and 14 optional units split into two groups:
Optional Group One
- Unit 01 – Schools as organisations (T/601/3325)
- Unit 02 – Schools as organisations (A/601/3326)
Optional Group Two
- Unit 01 – Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Unit 02 – Provide support for therapy sessions
- Unit 03 – Support assessment for learning
- Unit 04 – Contribute to supporting bilingual learners
- Unit 05 – Prepare and maintain learning environments
- Unit 06 – Provide displays in schools
- Unit 07 – Support children and young people and snack and meal times
- Unit 08 – Support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs
- Unit 09 – Support children and young people’s play and leisure
- Unit 10 – Support children and young people’s travel outside of the setting
- Unit 11 – Support extra-curricular activities
- Unit 12 – Support the use of information and communication technology for teaching and learning
- Unit 13 – Invigilate tests and examinations
To achieve the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in this qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
Work placement/experience requirements
This is a competence based qualification so there is a requirement for assessment in a real work environment. Learners could do this through regular placement opportunities, block weeks or a combination of both.
Simulation is not allowed.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in a related area.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting the Wider Curriculum in Schools
- NCFE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools
This qualification also allows progression into the workforce.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Be Totally You directly.