Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Oneside Sports Education Limited
Developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE), the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport aims to provide learners with an introduction to a number of roles through an engagement with physical education and school sport (PESS), including teaching, activity leadership and coaching for young people. The qualification provides learners with guidance on further opportunities, including how to contribute to PESS programmes as a sports leader, coach and teaching assistant. While this qualification is delivered through the medium of PESS, the skills may be used by learners in working in other sporting environments, under appropriate guidance.
An Age Grant is also available up to £1500 per candidate, aged between 16 -23 maximum of 10 to the employer.
The qualification provides:
- a basis on which to make informed choices about an appropriate career in physical education and school sport
- an opportunity to develop an understanding of supporting learning in physical education and school sport
- an opportunity to develop physical education and school sport knowledge and skills that can be applied to different educational and school sport related settings, such as coaching
- an introduction to a career as a physical education teacher
- an introduction to other opportunities to work as physical education and school sport professionals e.g. Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), Teaching Assistant (TA), Coach, Sports Development Officer, Volunteer, Leader
This qualification consists of nine mandatory units and the learner must complete them all to gain 18 credits in order to achieve this qualification.
- Understanding Key Legislation related to Physical Education and School SporUnderstanding Key Legislation related to Physical Education and School Sport
- Principles of teaching Physical Education and coaching School Sport
- Principles of safe practice in Physical Education and School Sport
- Principles of Child Development through movement
- Promoting Lifelong Health and Well-being
- Principles of inclusion in Physical Education and School Sport
- Prepare for Physical Education and School Sport activity
- Lead Physical Education and School Sport activity
- Conclude and review Physical Education and School Sport activity
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (via internet methods) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration
The course will take a minimum of 6 months, but you will have up to one year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually will be the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of written evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive
- Bespoke 1-2-1 tutorials
- Unique reading aids, and learning material
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a qualification (accredited by Lifetime Awarding): Level 2 Certificate in Supporting learning in Physical Education and School Sport / Level 2 Award in employability Rights and Responsibility / Level 2 NVQ in Supporting learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Must be aged 16 Years or Over
- Must be working in a paid environment a minimum of 16 hours
- Have A* – C in English and Maths GCSEs (if you haven’t gained a C or above in English and/or Maths we will put you through to do the Functional Skills in one or both subjects while your studying the course with us.
- You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline
- If doing the distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
You can gain further qualification in undertaking the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, Level 3 Certificate in Sport Development or Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management and get accredited qualifications to progress your career in the health and fitness Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oneside Sports Education Limited directly.