Vehicle Mechanics and Maintenance Level 3 Diploma at City College Coventry
Our motor vehicle department has industry experienced staff and the relevant vehicles to train you to successfully work in the motor industry.
You will also get to experience life in the exciting world of motor vehicles while modifying our rally car projects and work in our service centre as part of our work experience programme.
You should have a keen interest in motor vehicles; a willingness to learn in a practical and theoretical environment; be self-motivated; able to study and complete written assignments to set deadlines; good underpinning knowledge of light vehicle electrics, engine, transmission and chassis principles.
Your previous study of the systems found on light vehicles will enable you to diagnose complex faults and repair them, and prepare you for working in the motor industry or going to university. Our lecturers are passionate about passing on their knowledge and skills to the motor vehicle repair technicians of the future.
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Overhauling light vehicle engine mechanical units
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
You will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (C or above), including Maths and English (or Adult Literacy and Numeracy Level 2), or successful completion of a Level 2 Maintenance and Repair course (achieving a merit or above and completing Functional Skills Maths and English). Applicants who do not meet these entry requirements will be assessed on an individual basis by the Curriculum Manager.
What can I go on to study?
- Work-based study such as an NVQ or Higher Apprenticeship (in a related area).
- University-level courses in a related subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.