Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 Diploma at St Vincent College
You will learn all aspects of the carpentry trade, including selection and use of materials, setting up and using portable power tools, the formation of basic wood-working joints and basic access platforms. You will also cover aspects of health and safety issues and how to maintain good working relationships, both with colleagues and customers. You will be trained by an experienced trades person in our purpose-designed Construction Centre.
You will be taught in a well-equipped workshop with all the upto-date resources associated with this type of course. You will have the opportunity to use this equipment to develop your skills in carpentry and joinery. You will be closely tutored in all aspects of the course. No-one is expected to struggle alone, though you will be expected to work effectively as an individual. Group work is also actively encouraged to allow you to benefit from the exchange of ideas and practices. Safety is a prime objective and you will be expected to provide suitable safety footwear.
The course is in unit form and you will be expected to complete all six units for the full qualification.
- Safe Working Practices
- Information, Quantities and Communicating with others
- Building Methods and Construction Technology
- Basic Woodworking Joints
- Maintain and Use Hand Tools
- Prepare and Use Portable Power Tools
There is no minimum entry qualification subject to a successful interview
– Assessment portfolio
– Externally assessed examination
– Practical assessment
– This is an ideal course for those of you who wish to follow a career as a
carpenter and joiner
– Level 2 Carpentry Certificate is available on completion of the Level 1 Certificate subject to a successful interview
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Vincent College directly.