Emergency Fire Service Operations Apprenticeship Level 2 at Cumbria County Council
- Work as part of a highly respected team;
- Learn the skills of a professional firefighter;
- Understand the importance of making communities safer through undertaking proactive community safety activities;
- Learn life saving skills through First Aid and Heartstart.
For the Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3), candidates must have at least 3 GCSE grade A* to C including Maths and English. In addition we are looking for candidates who have:
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- A keen interest in Fire and Rescue Services;
- A willingness to learn;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of people;
- The ability to work in a team environment;
- The ability to achieve operational physical fitness.
Firefighters often work under a shift based system; so an apprentice must be prepared to work days, nights, weekends and bank holidays as required.
Applicants applying for this apprenticeship need to be 18 years or over before the start date.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which may include:
- On the job observations;
- Evidence of your duties / tasks performed;
- Reports from mentors and managers;
- Assessments in English; Maths and IT;
- Production of a portfolio of evidence.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cumbria County Council directly.