Business - BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Redcar & Cleveland College
Equivalent to three A Levels.
The course gives an established university entry qualification and will also provide the pathway into a range of exciting careers in areas including: accounting; retail management; marketing and PR; law; economics; human resources.
You will complete a range of mandatory units, such as The Business Environment and Business Resouces and Communication, as well as a range of optional units: Marketing and Social Media Pathway; Accounting Pathway; Retail Pathway.
The course is an applied course where students are encouraged to develop their understanding of business through case studies and independent research.
- 4 GCSE passes at grade C or above, one of which must be English, or a BTEC Level 2 qualification with an average grade of ‘merit’ or equivalent plus English at Level 2.
- An interview.
All units are assessed through coursework.
With this qualification, students progress to:
- Part Time higher education at Redcar & Cleveland College studying a Diploma (HND) in Management or Accounting.
- Higher education at a university to study for a Foundation Degree, such as BA in Business Management.
- Other professional development programmes with organisations such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants or the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- A specialist area of employment within business and management such as: Accounting; Retail Management; Marketing and PR; Project Management; E-business; or Human Resources.
Dependent on the number of units you achieve whilst on this qualification you will receive either an Award, Certificate or the full Extended Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.