English Literature A Level at The de Ferrers Academy
Why study this course?
- If you have an interest in reading a wide variety of English
- If you enjoy expressing your opinions and justifying them
- If you want to enjoy studying a subject which is relevant to your own lives
- If you want to acquire skills, which will keep your options open for further study
- Coursework: Candidates are asked to critically respond to two texts of their choice
- Examination: Candidates are asked to look at a range of thematically linked texts eg. Tragedy and Comedy. Current texts include A Streetcar Named Desire, Othello, King Lear, Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein, The Handmaiden’s Tale, Christina Rossetti, Romantic Poetry, Heart of Darkness, The Lonely Londoners and Contemporary Poetry.
4 A* - C Plus Grade 6 in English Literature
Coursework: - 20%
Examination: - 80% (Edexcel)
- The Arts
- Media and Creative Writing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The de Ferrers Academy directly.