Painting & Decorating Advanced Apprenticeship at Harlow College
This Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship will enable you to further develop and hone your skills to an advanced level. You will work on all aspects of the craft both on and off the job and be able to develop specialised skills and assist in the organisation of work activities.
Upon successful completion of your framework you have gained an in depth knowledge of the craft of painting and decorating, be able to apply specialist decorative finishes and will also have the organisational skills required to plan and oversee painting activities in industry.
The course consists of day release college based practical workshop training which is designed to develop your practical skills to an advanced level. This will be supplemented by related knowledge assignments, coursework and tests to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the craft of painting and decorating. The on-the-job training and experience you will gain will develop your practical skills and related knowledge of working procedures to an advanced standard.
- You will ideally have successfully completed the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
- You must be suitably employed with access to painting and decorating activities within your job role
- You must have a contract of employment
- 2 GCSEs at grade D & 2 GCSEs at grade E
- Have a good positive attitude to learning
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Willing to work outside in all weathers
- Good head for heights
- Good communication skills
- You must be at least 16 years of age with no upper age limit
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.