Assessing Vocational Achievement Level 3 Certificate at Buxton & Leek College
This qualification allows you to enter the world of assessment and quality assurance. This qualification is for people working in or looking to work in assessment and internal quality assurance. This certificate is open to people carrying out assessments and quality assurance in most learning environments including, Further Education, adult education and work place learning. This qualification also covers understanding the principles and practices of assessment, assessing occupational competence in the work environment and assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding. This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in your specialist area whether it be Beauty, Childcare, Catering or Hairdressing.
Students will build a portfolio of evidence and be observed working with their students. We have a high success rate for this course and offer flexible delivery methods.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in your specialist area whether it be, Childcare, Catering, Beauty or Hairdressing.
- Learners should be at least 19 years old
- Have a Level 3 qualification in their vocational area, or substantial knowledge and experience in their vocational area
- a good standard of Maths and English
- Completion of a successful interview
- Up to date CPD in chosen field.
To achieve this qualification learners must be able to undertake the role of the assessor, as a trainee. All assessment decisions made by the trainee assessor will need to be countersigned by a qualified, occupationally competent assessor.
To achieve the qualification you will complete:
- Unit 1 – Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Unit 2- Assess occupational competence in the real work environment
- Unit 3- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and undertanding
After this qualification you can progress on to a teaching and/or assessing role, work based assessing and the Assurance of Quality of Assessment Certificate (after 3 years of assessing).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.