Spanish A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
This is a linear qualification. This means that students will sit all their exams at the end of the course. Building on from the sound foundation at GCSE this course will further develop language skills as well as a knowledge: Core content: social issues and trends, artistic culture and grammar Options: works: literary texts and films
Grade B GCSE Spanish
GCSE English (at Grade C or above) is required
GCSE Maths (at Grade C or above) is not required
- Paper 1: Listening, Reading and Writing (80 marks / 40% of AS)
- Paper 2: Writing (60 marks / 30% of AS)
- Paper 3: Speaking (oral exam 60 marks / 30% of AS)
- Paper 1: Listening, Reading and Writing (160 marks / 40% of A Level)
- Paper 2: Writing (90 marks / 30% of A Level)
- Paper 3: Speaking (oral exam 60 marks / 30% of A Level)
This course is a foundation for further study of Spanish and other languages at University. This course also suits students who which to undertake Economics, Government and Politics, Law and International Relations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.