Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in Sport at Newquay Tretherras School
This course covers the diversity of the sports industry, looking at sectors such as sports coaching, training and fitness programs, sports injuries, sports leadership and outdoor education. The course will allow students to develop skills and abilities enabling them to progress onto higher education and into employment in the Sports Industry.
Year 1 Topics studied
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Sport Coaching
- Current issues in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Sport Nutrition
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Practical Individual Sports
- Leadership in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Work Experience.
Year 2 Topics studied
- Practical Team Sports
- Sports Injuries
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming
- The Athletes Lifestyle
- Organising Sports Events
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Instructing Physical Activities and Exercise.
5 C grades at GCSE
This is an 18 unit vocational based course which is equivalent to 3 A Level’s over a 2 year period. It involves project/ research based coursework, with no final exam. Each of the 18 units involve producing evidence through presentations, practical assessment and project work.
This course is ideal if you want to pursue a career in the sports industry, such as personal trainer, sports coaching, sports development or teaching.
It also allows you go onto to study a sport related course at higher education.
Outside of the Classroom
Additional qualifications included on the course
- FA Level 1 Coaches Award.
- Emergency 1st Aid.
Possible Additional Qualifications
- NARS National Pool Lifeguard Course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newquay Tretherras School directly.