Hairdressing Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
This Apprenticeship covers all the basics of hairdressing. You'll work as a salon junior, assisting senior staff while training as a junior stylist.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
Duties are likely to include booking appointments, shampooing, conditioning, drying and styling hair, and mixing and applying hair colouring. You’ll study hairdressing topics such as hair and skin testing, the effects of chemicals on hair and skin, and the principles of hair colour selection. On this Apprenticeship you’ll spend a lot of time on your feet, and it’s important that you look smart. Good communication plays a role, too – you’ll need to understand exactly what your customer wants.
Grade D GCSEs in English and Maths.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.